I’ve been doing the Paleo thing for over 10 years, searching the grocery aisles for the prefect crackers, and finding nothing that mets my criteria:
- No grains
- No sugar
- No tapioca
- No protein starch
- No junk
While writing my cookbook, I figured out how to make the perfect cracker for a body like mine whose sugars need to be in check and Candida at bay. What’s Candida? It’s the unhealthy yeast that grows in our bodies causing illness and disease. It is triggered by
- Protein starch
- Vinegar (not apple cider vinegar)
Today, we are bombarded by Paleo products, and if you read the fine print, you will find an ingredient or two that just does not jive with the Paleo Diet, which really started for people like me – people who were really sick and wanted to heal. To truly find balance, I focus on plant based protein like organic raw sprouted nuts and seeds. Meat should only be 10% of the daily Paleo Diet. I could write a paper on the stress meat puts on our colon and planet, but I need to stay focused, so moving on. This lifestyle of balance and health also means eliminating the foods that trigger yeast. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for a cheat or two, but when my body is asking for balance (which it does a lot) I need my go to foods that will only heal and nurture, not fuel Candida.
Alas, Two Moms in the Raw Sprouted Almond Protein Crackers to the rescue! I was inspired to make these crackers because there was nothing like them on the market.
These delicious and satisfying crackers are:.
- 100% Organic
- Gluten Free
- Sprouted (Getting the most nutrition out of my food)
- No “Yeasty” ingredients
- Full of anti inflammatory ingredients and adaptogens (read on for more info on this)
I developed four flavors of Almond Protein Crackers:
- JiveNChive & Onion
- Spicy Chipotle
- Zesty Italian Herb
- Sweet On You Graham–Here’s an opportunity for a small sweet cheat. I touch of Coconut crystals goes a long way!
Here’s a quick lesson on adaptogens. Nature supplies us with herbs that work with our body to heal, regulate stress and support our immune system. I have selected these herbs and put them in my crackers. I can go on forever about the adaptogens in my crackers, but I am out of time. So, I don’t leave you hanging, adaptogens work with the body to be healthy:
- Ashwagandha naturally regulates the adrenals, minimizing stress in the body.
- Eleuthero protects and nourishes good health in the body protecting us from the environment.
- Maca naturally increases energy.
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory herb.
There is not a cleaner cracker on the market! Please visit www.twomomsinthraw.com to learn more.